Last updated on February 7th, 2019
Skin Care should be a part and parcel of all age groups. Different age groups need to provide the skin will a different skincare regime. This article is specifically with regards to women who are over the age of 60.
It will guide you to understand the right precautions that you can take towards having the best-looking skin at the current age.
- Do not try too hard towards looking youthful. Being over 60 years of age, you need to accept the aging process in a graceful manner. You must learn to bid farewell to the old notions of women wanting to constantly maintain their youthfulness. So embrace the aging you with dignity and honor. Be proud of the lives you have lived and feel proud of the way you look with smile lines and even wrinkles.
- Avoid exposure of the skin to the harsh sun rays as much as possible. Sun damage is the leading cause of wrinkle formation and age spots to the skin. Therefore, it is recommended to make use of hats and a sunscreen lotion at all times.
- Always ensure to wash your face well prior to bedtime. Dry skin is a common concern for women over the age of 60. Their skin tends to get drier as well as lose all the natural oils present in the skin. Therefore ensure to wash your face by making use of a gentle face wash. Also, ensure to drink adequate water.
- Quit smoking as it not only is harmful to the body but also responsible for causing negative effects to your skin. If you are a smoker, you will definitely face the issue of having more wrinkles than a nonsmoker. The best is to avoid smoking completely.
- Avoid taking too much of time soaking your body in the tub. A hot bath helps to de-stress the body and brings about relaxation. However, if you end up spending too much time, there is quite a possibility for your skin to get dry. If you the kinds who enjoy a long and leisurely bath, ensure to make use of bath oils or foam. These will provide your body with moisturization and avoid the skin from getting dry.
- Ensure to make use of only natural ingredient based products. After you cross the age of 60, the skin begins to get thinner and sensitive. Therefore, if you choose to use products, which contain harsh chemicals, fillers or binders, there is a possibility whereby your skin can react. This can cause rashes and blisters in the form of side effects. Hence, you can get better and safe results by choosing to use natural skin care products that contain herbs, natural oils or even olive oils. These oils which are used in the kitchen also prove to be a healthy option for the skin.
Thus skin care at all ages, play a vital role. However, after the age of 60, you can provide your skin with extra care and attention and ensure to continue aging in a graceful manner.